CrossFit 42 South

You can’t out train a bad diet

You can’t out train a bad diet

So you train hard every day, do all the workouts, and you are starting to notice that your fitness and strength is improving but you just can’t seem to lose that bit of fat you want to go?

 

Sounds like you may be trying to out-train a bad diet.

 

I’m going to put in, Greg Glassman 100 words of fitness below but pay attention to the first two sentences:

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports”.

 

The above is CrossFit. But we can often overlook the nutrition part of it. As coaches, it’s our job to educate you more. So this is what we are going to be doing.

 

We highly suggest trying to eat as close to the paleo/primal diet as possible. This basically means eating real food. Drink lots of water and be smarter with your portion sizes.

 

If you are eating toast and cereal for breakfast, wraps at lunch and pasta at dinner and you wonder why you aren’t losing weight, there is your answer. Maybe you eat eggs at breakfast, leftover dinner for lunch and have meat and veggies for dinner.

 

Be sure to avoid excessive amounts of grog too. No one can drink and drink and drink and stay in shape. If you really want to get fit and look like a fit person, you’ll need to cut out the grog. At least try drink less than what you currently do. Baby steps on all changes in your life.

 

Any questions, please ask. We would love to catch up with you to help you get your diet on track. We will not give you a meal plan, as that isn’t our thing. We just want to help you and educate you to do the right thing daily.

 

To help you get started on making some changes, we highly suggest you record your food for a week. Write down everything you eat, we mean everything. You’ll then be able to actually see where you may be falling short.

 

Lastly, you don’t have to go full “cray cray” Paleo. If you enjoy taco shells with meat and salads, that’s okay. If you enjoy a good burger here and there, that’s fine too. Just try to eat well 80% of the time and the other 20% don’t fall off the rails, but know that’s where those things can come into place.

 

NUTRITION (1) click on this PDF to view a cool info-graph from CrossFit Geelong on nutrition.

Comments are closed.